1. Getting started
In this section you will learn the following:
- Logging in
- Activate a voucher
- Navigating Electude
- Access content
- Logging out
1.1 Logging in
To log into the LMS, take the following steps:
- Go to your site URL, this is also commonly called your domain name. It looks something like the following: example.electude.com.
- You may not be able to log directly into Electude if your school provides learning materials through another platform. In this case, log in to the other learning environment and access your Electude learning material from there.
- Click on ‘Student’.
- Enter your username and password. Your teacher should have provided these for you, or you should have received an automatically generated e-mail with your credentials. If this is not the case, please contact your teacher.
- Accept the terms of service to gain access to the Electude LMS.
Note: Sometimes you need to activate a voucher to get access to the Electude LMS. Click on the red arrow pointing to the right to learn how to activate a voucher.
1.2 Activate a voucher
For the most updated voucher instructions, click on the button below.Voucher instructions
1.3 Navigating Electude
There are three different tabs in the red bar at the top left of your window. These tabs include the following: Content, Certificates and Account. On the far-right end of your screen, you will see the Electude logo next to an ‘X’. When you click on the ‘X’, you will log out of Electude. Under the ‘X’ you will see a ‘?’. When you click on the question mark, a new window with our interactive manual will pop up.
- Content: In this tab, you can view all the content your teacher has assigned you. You can click on them to work on your lessons, quizzes, tests, tasks, etcetera.
- Certificates: The Certificates section shows you an overview of all certificates you have or are eligible for.
- Account: Here you can change settings such as your e-mail, the language of your LMS (if allowed by your teacher), or reset your password. This is also the place where you can migrate student accounts and see your voucher history.
Tip: At the top of the page under the ‘Content’ tab, breadcrumbs will appear. These are some small horizontal bars that point to the right and have a name in them. If you click on one of the breadcrumbs, you will go to that page. It is an easy way to navigate the LMS and go a step back.
If your teacher allows it, you can enroll yourself into a group. To do this, take the following steps:
- Click on the ‘Content’ tab in the LMS.
- In the left menu, navigate to ‘Enroll in group’ at the bottom of the submenu and click on it.
- Click on ‘+’ to request self-enrollment.
- In the drop-down menu, select the group you would like to join.
- Click on ‘Enroll’ to enroll yourself in this group. Depending on the settings you will be directly enrolled in the group, or your teacher must approve your request first.
In the list that shows you can see all groups you are enrolled in or have requested to be enrolled to. If you have enrolled yourself in a group, you will be able to remove yourself from the group by clicking on the ‘X’ behind the group in the list.
Note: If a request is rejected, you can no longer place a request for the same group for two weeks.
1.5 Access content
- Finding your course: If you are looking for your courses, click on the tab at the top left of your screen called ‘Content’. Here you will see the Courses and the singular modules your teacher has assigned to you.
- Singular modules: When your teacher or instructor assigns singular modules, you can find these under the ‘My individual content’ folder.
- Finished modules: Under ‘My history’ you can see all your finished modules.
- Open a lesson: To open a lesson that is assigned to you, open the ‘Content’ tab and select the course your teacher assigned to you. Select your lesson and click on ‘Start module’. The lesson will automatically start and save your progress.
- Quizzes and tests: In the case of a quiz or a test, you will only have one attempt to answer a question. However, with lessons, you are allowed to restart the module and improve your score as many times as you would like. To restart the lesson, you must navigate back to the first question.
1.6 Logging out
To log out of the Electude LMS, you simply click on the ‘X’ at the top right corner in the red bar. This will bring you back to the log-in menu. Your progress will be automatically saved.