1. Getting started
In this section you will learn the following:
- Logging in
- User types in Electude
- Navigating Electude
- Teaching tools
- Interactive manual
- Logging out
1.1 Logging in
To log into the LMS, take the following steps:
- Go to your site URL, this is also commonly called your domain name. It looks something like the following: example.electude.com.
- Click on ‘Teacher’.
- Enter your username and password. Your school’s administrator should have provided these for you, or you should have received an automatically generated e-mail with your credentials. If this is not the case, please contact your administrator.
- Accept the terms of service to gain access to the Electude LMS.
1.2 User types in Electude
Electude has three different types of users, ranking from low to high these are: students, teachers, and administrators.
- An admin (short for administrator) has the most rights in the system. This is the only person who can create teachers and mass-upload students.
- Teachers can create student accounts, groups and assign learning content to those groups or individual students. A teacher can also see the progress of students.
- A student can only view and complete the assigned courses.
1.3 Navigate Electude
There are five different tabs in the red bar at the top left of your window. These tabs include the following: Modules, Courses, Students, Support, and Settings. On the far right end of your screen, you will see the Electude logo next to an ‘X’. When you click on the ‘X’, you will log out of Electude. Under the ‘X’ you will see a ‘?’. When you click on the question mark, a new window with our interactive manual will pop up.
- Modules: Modules are all the individual topics within a course. These consist of lessons and quizzes. Lessons teach students new subjects, quizzes test their knowledge.
- Courses: Courses are the complete curriculums you may access. These can include include: Automotive Essentials, Electric Drive, Heavy Vehicle Systems, Commercial Vehicles and so forth. The products you will see depend on what products you purchased from Electude.
- Students: In the Students tab you can create and manage your groups. A group is the same as a class or section. You can create student’s accounts, and assign learning content to your groups and/or individual students. You can also view your students’ grades in this section.
- Support: The Support tab contains tools helpful for using Electude. Keep your eye on the news section, as our team regularly posts notifications about updates or new features. In this section, you can also create service tickets. These can be used when you need assistance from the Electude team. Finally, you can also download our manuals.
- Settings: Here you can change settings such as your e-mail, the language of your LMS, or reset your password.
Tip: At the top of the page under the ‘Students’, ‘Support’ and ‘Settings’ tab, breadcrumbs will appear. These are some small horizontal bars that point to the right and have a name in them. If you click on one of the breadcrumbs, you will go to that page. It is an easy way to navigate the LMS and go a step back.
1.4 Interactive manual
To see an explanation of a feature, you can simply click on the ‘?’ question mark in the top right corner. This will open our interactive manual in a new window. The question mark will be visible on all pages, and because the manual is interactive, it will automatically scroll down to the topic that is relevant to you.
1.5 Logging out
To log out of the Electude LMS, you simply click on the ‘X’ at the top right corner in the red bar. This will bring you back to the log-in menu. Changes such as adding new content to a group will be automatically saved.